Saturday 21 January 2017

Pink-footed Geese

A partially successful trip to East Sussex on Friday gave me the much-wanted Sussex Pink-footed Geese, four at Scotney & one at Pett Level, two Tundra Bean Geese 12+ White Fronted Geese, and plenty of feral Barnacle & Greylag Geese; two feral hybrid-type Emperor x Barnacle Geese were also nice to see. Also added Tree Sparrow to the Sussex list & drove-by the Camber Red-necked Grebe back on the small pit. Unfortunately though my appalling record with Sussex buntings continued as I dipped the two Lapland Buntings at the back of Scotney Pits, if they stick I intend to dip them again next week! I hope we don't get a Pine Bunting I've no chance! In my defence, on arrival I found another birder with little clue walking around in the area trying to flush everything..he succeeded!

Tundra Bean Geese:




Emperor x Barnacle hybrid type & Barnacle Goose:




Pink-footed Geese: