Friday 5 February 2016

Water Cross


PJ Harvey-This is Love

Just to say that I've had a gut-full, if you'll pardon the vernacular, of the rainy, windy weather now-please stop, thank you.

A trip into Hampshire to West Walk car park at the Hundred Acre Wood for the Crossbills this morning and they were to be found in the conifers near the entrance, twenty or so at rough guess. Terrible conditions for photos with wind, rain & dark ("raise the flash" at 10:30 is a bit much!) so these are the best I could do-I presume to get them on the ground you have to use seed. I usually wouldn't put so many pictures on but as I suffered for these so must you ;-) -plus I love Crossbills basically.


Crossbills:































I went up to Drayton Farm watercress beds near Alresford after this to have a look for Water Pipits and I had one straight away by the small pump-house but I the bird flew before I could take its picture, possibly the same bird emerged from a gutter later though. Also three Green Sandpipers, two Meadow Pipits, a few Pied Wagtails, two Little Egrets, a Grey Wagtail, a Red Kite and a cronking Raven over.


Water Pipit:




Green Sandpiper: