Sunday 28 February 2016

West Dean & Selsey




I spent the first part of the day tramping around West Dean looking for Willow Tits it being a previously known area for them but alas no sign (seen again in Hampshire today...). I have a few more sites in West Sussex to try yet so I suppose you never know one might turn up! So at West Dean: Red Kite, Buzzards, Kestrels, a Bullfinch and a forty strong flock of Bramblings.


Bramblings:




Bullfinch:










At Selsey Bill later on, six Great Northern Divers were the highlights also:
(1145-1230hrs): (BI)

Red-throated Diver - 2E
diver sp - 1E
Slavonian Grebe - 1os
Gannet - 1W
Common Scoter - 2W
Red-breasted Merganser - 4E, 2os


Great Northern Divers:




Finished the day by dipping the Red-crested Pochards, the Egyptian Goose & the White-fronted Goose at Ivy Lake, made worse by the fact that SR who arrived before me and S&SaH who arrived after me all connected with the RCPs!!!