Sunday 13 December 2015

Hampshire Day Out

A day out over in the bandit country of Hampshire was most rewarding on Friday! Three Penduline Tits had been a Titchfield Haven for a few days and due to work I hadn't been able to get over to try to see them but after a three hour wait in West hide I was duly honoured with the appearance of the stunning adult male:

Penduline Tits:












A video here: Penduline Tit, Titchfield Haven


After that I went and got stuck in traffic for hours on the way to (and back actually) the female Ring-necked Ducks at Rooksbury Mill LNR near Andover. Only one showed in poor light, partly because I was checking the wrong lake..always read the signs...


Ring-necked Duck:







Earlier in the week a tweet from Bola at Climping alerted me to a Dusky Warbler by the Atherington pools. On arrival I was surprised to see just the man himself and no other birders and so we had the bird to ourselves for an hour or so while it dashed around the lower canopy and then the brambles calling constantly. Impossible for me to photograph I'm afraid but there are some pics on:
Birds of Climping. Still never managed to picture a Dusky or indeed a Radde's Warbler so hopefully next year!