Friday 2 October 2015

A Pallid Harrier in a Field

I've been up ( and down!) The Burgh recently on the trail of the Pallid Harrier. Several Harrier sp.sightings (and one was very convincing) and four days later I finally caught up with the bird definitively. And it was on the deck in a stubble field. And sat there preening. For ten minutes. Excellent! The only issue was photos which were pretty difficult with a bridge camera through a hedge & so I'm kicking myself for not taking the iPhone scope adapter but never mind. Here's the best I could do:


Pallid Harrier:
















Wheatear:





Also about the area by the dewpond track which the Pallid Harrier seems to favour were a Marsh Harrier, a Harrier sp. (probably Hen), a Sparrowhawk, two Snipe over, a Siskin, a Hobby, several Buzzards and Red Kites and numerous Kestrels.