Sunday 21 June 2015

I picked up on a Tweet from Nick Bond saying that a Terek Sandpiper of all things was at Church Norton, a few quick texts & calls confirmed the news and I was on my way. Tipped off that the car park was chock a block, I cycled part of the way down Rectory Lane and nearly got wiped out in the process! Fortunately I only had to scrape myself off part of the wall after swerving to miss a driver, no harm done though and he apologised so fair dos. The bird showed fairly well early on but much better later; an unexpected lifer for me.


Terek Sandpiper:










Terek Sandpiper the video here: Terek Sandpiper


I've seen nearly all the UK orchid species back when I used to twitch plants more than birds & butterflies but it was still nice to see the Bee Orchids & Pyramidal Orchid at Pagham RSPB.

Bee Orchid: